24 Temmuz 2012 Salı

Little Miss Sunburn!

Meric and I literally burned ourselves this weekend. I don't remember the last time I felt so miserable. My skin is red, itchy, dry, rough, burning! All at the same time. We move like a RoboCop couple at home, avoiding any sort of physical contact! I can't believe how on earth I could make such a mistake... I have allergy to a thousand things and sun is not an exception. All my life I've put on at least 30 SPF sun-protection cream on the beach, kept myself under shade and avoided sun bathing as much as possible.

But this weekend apparently I had a short time memory loss!! I used just a 15 SPF sun cream before we left for the beach. Although from previous painful experiences I know salty water invites dreadful sun burns, I didn't bother looking for a shower after swimming. And as if that was not enough I put on sun cream only once after swimming and only on my front body. Then I lied prone on my towel and fell asleep in that position! Why Why Why?!! I keep asking myself! Did I suppose after I was able to have my ears pierced, I got suddenly immune to any kind of allergy??!  Did I assume the sun in New York does not burn? Did I believe Atlantic Ocean has no salt in it? Or did I forget all about those painful sun burn memories?

No clue.... I just know  I couldn't go to work yesterday because I couldn't move! It is as if somebody ironed me on the back! Or somebody is putting a thousand needles on my shoulders, my legs and my feet!

I wish I could write here some happy, fun memories from Sunday.. Like how much I enjoyed the waves in the sea, the lovely weather, the peaceful sleep on the beach (argghhhh that sleep!) or how happy I was to see Chesley after a long time. But I don't have the motivation to talk about any of those, all I can think of now is how stupid I am!

Anyway here are some photos from the beach. Maybe later they help me recall the good memories, after my pain relieves... Hopefully! 


Hiç yorum yok: